IPC is providing you with the most recent standards, white paper and automotive addendum that were released by IPC in March and April. These standards will help your company deliver quality products to your customers.
- IPC-1602, Standard for Printed Board Handling and Storage
- IPC-1755A, Responsible Sourcing of Minerals Data Exchange Standard
- IPC-4101E-WAM1, Specification for Base Materials for Rigid and Multilayer Printed Boards
- IPC-6012ES, Space and Military Avionics Applications Addendum to IPC-6012E, Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards
- IPC-WP-014A, Pb-free Electronics Risk Management (PERM) Council Position on the Use of Pb-free Electronics in the Aerospace and Defense Electronics Industries
- IPC J-STD-001GA/IPC-A-610GA, Automotive Addendum
Details on some of the changes for released standards, white paper and addendums:
IPC-1602 standard provides requirements and recommendations for proper handling, packaging materials and methods, environmental conditions, and storage for printed boards. The requirements and recommendations are intended to protect printed boards from contamination, physical damage, solderability degradation, electrostatic discharge (ESD) (when necessary), and moisture uptake.
- IPC-1602 supersedes IPC-1601 Revision A from 2016
- APPENDIX C - Moisture Diffusion and ‘‘Bound’’ Moisture was added
IPC-1755A standard is intended to benefit suppliers and their customers by providing consistency and efficiency to the responsible sourcing of minerals data exchange declaration process. It establishes standard electronic data exchange format that will facilitate and improve data transfer along the entire global supply chain.
- Addresses global responsible minerals sourcing
- Appendix A-G updated
IPC-4101E-WAM1 standard specification covers the requirements for base materials, herein referred to as laminate or prepreg, to be used primarily for rigid or multilayer printed boards for electrical and electronic circuits.
- Several Specification Sheets updated
IPC-6012ES addendum provides requirements to be used in addition to, and in some cases, in place of, those published in IPC-6012E to ensure the reliability of printed boards that must survive the vibration, ground testing, and thermal cycling environments of space and military avionics.
- Addresses requirements for microvias conformance testing, thermal stress testing
- Addresses Copper wrap plating
IPC J-STD-001GA/IPC-A-610GA addendum is a first of a kind addressing criteria and acceptability requirements for printed board assemblies for the automotive industry which are not covered in IPC-A610G and IPC J-STD-001G.
IPC-WP-014A a Pb-Free Electronics Risk Management (PERM) Council white paper with recommendations offering a responsible way to approach Pb-free deployment in aerospace and defense electronics products and systems. PERM believes that implementing these recommendations is the best method for minimizing the risks associated with performance, cost and potential schedule impacts.